Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!!


In honor of this day of love, I just wanted to say a little something about my hubby...I am so grateful to have him in my life. He definitely is my other half & is everything I am not. He has a calming effect on me that I can't even explain & has given me 2 wonderful kids. I am the stressed out one in the relationship, & he is so layed back which is something I defintely need in my life. He works so hard so that I can stay home with my beautiful kids & spend money (that one's for you, babe): ) Just wanted to say I love you & I am so happy that you are my valentine!!

I got this idea from Mindy's blog. I thought I would tag myself & a few others so we could all have a chance to talk about our husbands on Valentine's day!

Full name: Derek Ray Morris

How long have you been married: 8 years in July


How long did we date: 5 months & then we were engaged for 4 months


Who said I love you first: Derek


Who is taller: DEFINITELY Derek!!


Who sings better: Me (& if you've ever heard me sing that is not saying a whole lot b/c I'm pretty sure I'm tone deaf)


Who's smarter: Derek (hats off to him & to all of you for spending 8+ years in school)


Who does the laundry: Me & I'll be honest, I am not a big fan.


Who pays the bills: Derek but I do the budget (that way I get get more money than he does)


Who sleeps on the right side of the bed: Derek, but I wish I did because it is closer to the bathroom & the kids still wake me up no matter what side of the bed I am on.


Who mows the lawn: Considering we've never had a lawn, that's a tough one, but I'm pretty sure Derek will be doing that once we actually put our yard in.


Who cooks dinner: Definitely me, but Derek makes a mean pancake!!


Who drives: Derek (as I mentioned before, I'm the stressed out one)


Who's more stubborn: Derek, although he would say it's me


Who kissed who first: Derek did on his birthday. It probably should've been me, but I was too shy to make the first move


Who asked who out first: Derek (if you call "hey, when are we gonna' go out?" an actual invitation)


Who proposed: Derek (he asked me on February 29, 2000. So we only get to truly celebrate our engagement every 4 years. I'm sure he planned it that way, one less anniversary to worry about)


Who has more siblings: We both have 4 siblings. He has 1 brother & 3 sisters & I have 1 sister & 3 brothers.


Who wears the pants on the family: Derek....the key is to make them think they do, but in all actuality we know it's us, right girls?!?


I tag: Melissa, Erin, Gretchen, Harmony, Stacie, Amy Elmore & Amy Stewart...have fun girls!!


Love you babe!! Thanks for always making me laugh & for being my knight in shining armor. The kids & I got trapped in a blizzard/snow/wind storm for 7 hours last night (2 hours in the car & 5 hours in a gas station) & Derek hiked a mile in the blizzard to come be with us & eventually get us home. You're the greatest!!!!!!






11 comments:

Mike and Erin Hale said...

Love it Breeze. Ummm.... more details on the snowstorm thing please!

jandnrichards said...

That was fun to read. Sorry about the snow storm.

ALL THE ROYCE'S said...

Yeah, you finally Posted Again! I loved that you did the Tag thing! Your are so funny, by the way! I can't believe you we're stuck in the car that long. If I would known, I would have called you back to keep you company!

The Neeleys said...

So cute..loved the last part about your knight in shining armor- it made me cry.(of course I am pregnant and emotional, but it was still cute.)

Laurie Gustafson said...

I loved reading about you and Derek! Oh, and I love that he hiked to come rescue you and the kids. He truly is your knight in shining armor! We sure miss you guys, and Dave's family brags about what a good job Derek did on their teeth!

Arbon Family said...

I cannot believe you were stuck in the freezing cold with 2 kids for that long! I am so sorry! I loved reading your blog about Derrek! so cute! We miss you guys a ton!!

Richard, Angi and Fam said...

That is so cute! I can not believe you got stuck in that! I was thinking I wouldn't know what to do if I were stuck with the kids!! Derek, I am impressed that is so cute. If it was the gas station by my house and you did not just come here I am going to be so mad!!! It would have been closer to walk here than to your house. I am glad you survived!

Brad and Lezlee Strong said...

So glad you found me! I love your blog. Brad and I were laughing when we saw your sweet girl with her pants down!! So cute! Hope all is well and we miss you guys!

AMY MICHELLE said...

I finally took the time to learn how to change the background. It takes a while to figure out but here is a blog to print out the instructions http://sjhblogdesign.blogspot.com/
I don't remember what digital scrapbooking site I got my paper on but this blog has a lot of sites you can get them from.

AMY MICHELLE said...

So I decided just to put the blog link onto my blog. Go to my blog and go to browsing if you want design info.

The Teeples said...

So what a cute blog. I am so glad I found it. Thanks Mindy!! I just wanted to say Hi and we miss you. Aerobics is just not the same without a bunch of other friends enduring the pain with us. I would love to stay in touch with you so send me an e-mail and I will invite you to my blog.
heather10hst@sbcglobal.net

Love,
Heather Teeples :)