Monday, October 6, 2008

St. George Marathon




This past weekend was the St. George marathon & Derek decided to run it again. I think he's nuts & the training is crazy, but I am proud of him for setting a goal & sticking to it. The weather this year was terrible. It poured the entire 26.2 miles & to add to the torture there was also 15-20 mile per hour head winds. I was stressed just standing in the rain waiting for him to finish, but when he finally did cross the line, I was definitley a little relieved. The kids had a blast swimming in the pool & hanging out at the condo. The weather was beautiful every day except for the race. In the last 32 years it has only rained twice for the race. I told Derek that was just his luck & that means the next 15 years should be great weather!!

7 comments:

Melissa Cantwell said...

Way to go Derek. But more importantly, Happy Birthday Breezy! I wish I could look as good as you do.

Brad and Lezlee Strong said...

So proud of you Derek! I can't imagine! I am glad you guys had a good time in St George!

AMY MICHELLE said...

I am way impressed! And for the 2nd time... WOW! Good job Derek! I am happy if I run 3 miles :) Cute swim pictures. It is always nice to have a little get away.

Mike and Erin Hale said...

Way to go D! Maybe next year Breez will run it with you. Now those would be some good pictures!! Happy birthday Breez. Sorry I'm late with that. Hope you had a good day. I'll call you soon. Love you!!

Arbon Family said...

CONGRATS DEREK!! That is so exciting. How are you feeling Bre? I hope you had a great B-day!!! I was going to email or call but I forgot. Sorry!

Hope you are doing well!

ALL THE ROYCE'S said...

I am so glad to see some new pics! Your family is so dang cute! The kids are getting so big, and way to go Derek! That must have been a tough run! I am so excited you're having a girl! I am just loving Jersey to pieces...it's so fun to have a girl around! You don't have too much longer. We're going to have to meet up and let the "girls" play!:0)

Talk to you soon!

Harmony said...

Breanne, tell Derek, Congrats! I am so impressed that he has ran that race twice. What a fun weekend.